An accessible campaign provides opportunities for all voters to obtain the information they need.
Monday, May 2
- First day to file a nomination for the offices of Mayor, Deputy Mayor/Region Councillor, Ward Councillor and School Board Trustee
- New for 2022: Online option available for filing a candidate nomination. (More details to follow in the coming weeks)
- once the nomination form is filed with the Town Clerk, the candidate can start raising and spending money on their campaign
- preliminary spending limit provided to candidates
- preliminary contribution limit provided to candidates running for Mayor, Deputy Mayor/York Region Councillor and Ward Councillor (does not apply to School Board Trustee candidates).
Tuesday, June 21 at 7 p.m.
- Town of Newmarket Candidate Information Session. Learn about becoming and running as a candidate in this election. Details available here
Friday, August 19 at 2 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates to:
- file a nomination
- withdraw a nomination
- change office
Monday, August 22
- Last day for the Town Clerk to certify candidate nomination papers
Thursday, September 1
- Voters’ List available to candidates
Friday, September 23
- Final spending limits provided to candidates and registered third party advertisers
- Final self-contribution limit provided to candidates running for Mayor, Deputy Mayor/York Region Councillor and Ward Councillor (does not apply to School Board Trustee candidates)
Monday, September 26
- First day that election signs may be posted. 10 a.m. start time
Friday, October 21
- Last day to register as a third party advertiser
Saturday, October 15 - Monday, October 24
- 10-Day Voting Period
- October 24th, (Election Day) Voting closes at 8 p.m.
Thursday, October 27
- Election signs must be removed from public and private property no later than 8 p.m.
Tuesday, November 15
- 2022-2026 Term of Office commences.
- Inaugural Council meeting at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Offices.